Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Standard + Wrist Brace Light
• Wrist Brace Light can support the recovery of the area after stabilization with a Standard orthosis
• The products have a cotton lining and are made of breathable materials
How to choose a size?
Measure forearm circumference 10 cm above the wrist.
• Wrist area distortion
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Postoperative treatment
The Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Standard of “Orthoteh” stabilises and protects the area. It contains a metal insert with a pre-set anatomic shape. It can be additionally shaped according to the individual features of the wrist and forearm. This should be done by a medical specialist. The product has three Velcro strips and two buckles, which are used to secure the construction onto the forearm. The degree to which they are tightened is determined individually. The breathable fabric of the Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Standard is lined with 100% cotton.
Wrist Brace Light
• Chronic hypertension or traumas
• Tenosynovitis of flexors or extensors
The Wrist Brace Light of “Orthoteh” provides stabilizing pressure onto the tendons in the wrist area. It therefore reduces surcharge and pain caused by physical activity or trauma. The level of tightness is controlled individually using the Velcro strip and its buckle. The construction allows for this strip to be removed or to be placed at a location convenient for you. The Wrist Brace Light is made of a breathable comfortable fabric with a 100% cotton lining.
To put on
Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Standard
1. The metal insert can be individually moulded to your hand by a medical specialist.
2. Place the orthosis so your fingers can bend freely and tighten the wide Velcro strip above the wrist through the buckle.
3. Secondly, tighten the narrow strip across the palm.
4. Lastly, tighten the wide Velcro strip under the elbow through its buckle.
Wrist Brace Light
1. Place the product onto the wrist area and fix it using the Velcro strip. Slip the 5cm-wide Velcro strip through the plastic buckle.
2. Tighten the strip to the desired degree, careful not to allow it to cause changes in the skin colour. Fix the strip in place.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two metal stays. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can measure your other, healthy, arm and add 1-2 cm in case of swelling.
The orthosis is used according to the doctor's prescription or the patient's rehabilitation plan.