Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Extra
• Secure stabilization of the forearm and wrist
• 1 metal and 1 plastic adaptable plates
• 26 cm maximum length
• Double fixation of the wrist area
• Breathable material with cotton lining
How to choose a size?
Measure the forearm circumference 10 cm above the wrist.
• Distortion, tendinitis of the wrist
• Distal forearm fractures
• Postoperative treatment
The Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Extra of “Orthoteh” stabilises the whole forearm up to the elbow. It contains a metal insert with a pre-set anatomic form and an extra polymeric insert. The metal insert can be shaped according to the individual features of the wrist and forearm. This should be done by a medical specialist. The product has one wide elastic strip and two non-elastic strips, which are used to secure the construction comfortably onto the forearm. The degree to which they are tightened is determined individually. The “breathing” fabric of the Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Extra is lined with 100% cotton.
To put on
1. The metal insert can be individually moulded to the contours of the arm by a medical specialist.
2. Place the orthosis so your fingers can bend freely. Firstly, slip the elastic strip through the buckle, tighten it, and fix it around the wrist.
3. Secondly, tighten the short strip on the back of the palm.
4. Slip the wide non-elastic strip through the buckle and tighten it around the forearm. Lastly tighten the narrow non-elastic strip below the elbow.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two inserts before washing. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can measure your other, healthy, arm and add 1-2 cm in case of swelling.
The orthosis is used according to the doctor's prescription or the patient's rehabilitation plan.