Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Standard
• Moderate level of fixation of the wrist area
• Metal plate with an adaptable anatomic shape
• Three Velcro straps for adjustable tightening
• Breathable material with cotton lining
How to choose a size?
Measure forearm circumference 10 cm above the wrist.
• Wrist area distortion
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Postoperative treatment
The Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Standard of “Orthoteh” stabilises and protects the area. It contains a metal insert with a pre-set anatomic shape. It can be additionally shaped according to the individual features of the wrist and forearm. This should be done by a medical specialist. The product has three Velcro strips and two buckles, which are used to secure the construction onto the forearm. The degree to which they are tightened is determined individually. The breathable fabric of the Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Standard is lined with 100% cotton.
To put on
1. The metal insert can be individually moulded to your hand by a medical specialist.
2. Place the orthosis so your fingers can bend freely and tighten the wide Velcro strip above the wrist through the buckle.
3. Secondly, tighten the narrow strip across the palm.
4. Lastly, tighten the wide Velcro strip under the elbow through its buckle.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two metal stays. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can measure your other, healthy, arm and add 1-2 cm in case of swelling.
The orthosis is used according to the doctor's prescription or the patient's rehabilitation plan.