Thumb Orthosis Standard
• Secure stabilization of the thumb and wrist
• Durable metal insert with an adaptable shape
• Double envelopment of the thumb and thenar
• Breathable material with cotton lining
How to choose a size?
Measure wrist circumference.
• Scaphoid fractures
• Thumb fractures
• Distortions of wrist and thumb
• De Quervain syndrome
The Thumb Orthosis Standard of “Orthoteh” fixes the thumb’s position. It also stabilises the wrist securely in place. The product has a rigid metal insert with a pre-set anatomic shape. This can be moulded to the individual features of your thumb by a medical specialist. The Thumb Orthosis Standard has two non-elastic strips around the thumb and one Velcro strip around the wrist. The degree to which it is tightened is controlled using buckles. The “breathing” fabric has a 100% cotton lining.
To put on
1. The metal insert can be moulded to the individual features of the thumb and the wrist by a medical specialist.
2. Firstly, tighten the short strip around the thumb.
3. Secondly, tighten the long strip around the thumb and slip it through the buckle.
4. Tighten the wide Velcro strip around the wrist, slip it through the buckle and fix it in place.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two metal stays. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can measure your other, healthy, arm and add 1-2 cm in case of swelling.
The orthosis is used according to the doctor's prescription or the patient's rehabilitation plan.