Thumb and Forearm Orthosis Fix
• Fixation of the thumb, wrist, and forearm
• 1 plastic and 2 metal adaptable plates
• Non-elastic straps for precise tightening
• Breathable material with cotton lining
How to choose a size?
Measure circumference 10 cm above the wrist.
• Wrist and thumb distortion
• De Quervain syndrome, tenosynovitis
• First ray, ulna, and radius fractures
The Thumb and Forearm Orthosis Fix of “Orthoteh” offers a high level of stabilisation. It immobilises the thumb, wrist, and the adjoining part of the forearm. It has two metal and one polymeric inserts. They are anatomically shaped, however further moulding to the individual features of the hand is possible. This should be done by a medical specialist. The construction isattached using three non-elastic strips. This product is particularly focused on the thumb and its fixation.
To put on
1. The metal inserts for the thumb and the palm can be individually formed by a medical specialist.
2. Place the orthosis so you fingers can bend freely. Firstly, tighten the short strip around the thumb.
3. Secondly, tighten the long strip around the thumb and through th buckle.
4. Tighten the wide Velcro strip above the wrist and through the buckle. Lastly, tighten the narrow strip below the elbow.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two inserts before washing. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can measure your other, healthy, arm and add 1-2 cm in case of swelling.
The orthosis is used according to the doctor's prescription or the patient's rehabilitation plan.