- Ergonomic construction with an opening for the elbow
- Breathable cotton material
- Secure and comfortable upper limb support
How to choose a size?
Measure the elbow length of the base to the fingers.
• Traumatic injuries of the upper limb
• During cast immobilization
• After surgery in the area
The Mitela Light of “Orthoteh” provides a comfortable support in keeping the arm up in fixed position. It therefore reduces pain and swelling. The mitela is stable and doesn’t move out of place because the elbow always falls into the specific opening, no matter if there is a cast or not. The ventilated 100% cotton fabric is comfortable for using in direct contact with the skin as well as with a gypsum or polymeric immobilisation.
To put on
1. Place the traumatised upper limb in the Mitela Light. The elbow should fall into the opening.
2. Pull the shoulder strap over the healthy shoulder, slip it through the rectangular buckle and set is in place using the Velcro strip.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two metal stays. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can measure your other, healthy, arm and add 1-2 cm in case of swelling.
The orthosis is used according to the doctor's prescription or the patient's rehabilitation plan.