Abdominal Wall Brace Plus
• Secures the abdominal area
• Construction based on overlapping straps
• 4 metal stays, 25 cm each
• Ventral height: 20-30 cm
• Breathable, hypoallergenic, elastic material
• Abdominal operations and discopathy
• Post-birth radiculitis complaints
• Discopathy and flaccid abdominal wall
The Abdominal Wall Brace Plus of “Orthoteh” supports the whole surface of the abdominal area. The construction is made of two overlapping elastic bands. They are fixed on the front with partial overlapping for improved stability. The front height can be adjusted between 20cm and 30cm. The back part has four elastic polymeric stays built in which protect the elastic bands from folding too much. The elastic bands are made of a breathable hypoallergenic fabric. They don’t contain latex and are very durable when used according to the instructions.
To put on
1. Place the brace at the appropriate height with the supporting stays situated simetrically. The latter are skewed and the space between them widens towards the hips.
2. Stretch and fix the lower elastic band in place. If the product is on too tight, loosen it. If you can’t feel an elastic pressure, you should probably fix it in a tighter position.
3. Stretch and fix the upper elastic band in place. It should overlap the lower one according to the needs. Adjust the tightness.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two inserts before washing. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
It is better to choose a larger brace. A good reference point, in addition to the waist circumference, is also the hip circumference.
The brace should be washed by hand with a light detergent. You can see the accompanying leaflet for details.
It is not recommended to sleep with a brace, at night the muscles should rest.
The stays can be further bent and shaped according to the patient's physique for greater comfort.
No. The braces we offer use metal stays.
It is not good to overdo it unless you are in the acute phase of the pain or your doctor has instructed you otherwise. It is recommended to wear it during physical activity, for long drives or activities which put pressure on the spine.