Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Kids
• Moderate level of stabilization of the wrist area
• Adjustable metal and polymeric plates
• Three non-elastic straps strengthen the construction
• Breathable material with cotton lining
How to choose a size?
Applies to left and right hand.
• Distortion in the wrist area
• Fractures of the distal forearm
• Postoperative treatment
The Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Kids supports and protects the area. The product features an inbuilt metal plate with a pre-set anatomic shape as well as an additional polymeric plate. The metal plate can be individually moulded to the contours of the wrist and the forearm. This should be done by a medical specialist. The product features three non-elastic straps for fixing 1 2in place. The level of tightness is individually controlled. The breathable material of the Wrist and Forearm Orthosis Kids has a 100% cotton lining.
To put on
1. The metal plate can be individually moulded to the arm’s contours by a medical specialist.
2. Place the orthesis so that the fingers can still move freely. Firstly, slip the short strap through the buckle, tighten it, and fix it in place. Then attach one of the long straps to the back of the hand and, wrap it around the forearm in a spiral. Take the second long strap, attach it to the palm and wrap it parallel to the first one.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Remove the metal and polymeric plates from the textile construction. Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can measure your other, healthy, arm and add 1-2 cm in case of swelling.
The orthosis is used according to the doctor's prescription or the patient's rehabilitation plan.