• Complete fixation of the spine
• Stays and plates for maximal support
• Individual height adjustment
• Triple additional tightening
• Breathable elastic material with cotton lining
• Traumatic or pathological fractures
• Spondylolisthesis, disc herniation
• Postoperative treatment
The DorsoFIX product of “Orthoteh” completely fixes the spine in place. Its construction features inbuilt metal plates of different lengths and maximum sturdiness. Numerous plastic elements have also been added for additional strengthening of the construction. The height of DorsoFIX can be individually adjusted according to the body contours. The triple
additional tightening via buckles stabilises the lumbar area. The thin non-elastic straps fix the shoulder girdle in place. DorsoFIX has a precise construction, suited for use both seated and standing up. It is made of breathable, antimicrobial, elastic materials with cotton lining.
To put on
1. Place the product on the body, paying attention that the middle strip is placed directly along the edge of the spine. The part which stabilises the thoracic area is placed in the pocket on the main construction. The two elements are attached via the Velcro strip situated inside the pocket. In order to adjust the product to the user’s height, separate the two elements and reattach them at a suitable position using pressure. Pull the brace forwards and attach the frontal elements to one another as tightly as needed. If the product feels too tight – loosen it. If you can’t feel the elastic pressure, you should probably tighten it a bit more.
2. Stretch the triple straps for the additional tightening forwards, slip them through the buckles and fix them in place.
3. Cross the shoulder straps on the back, straighten your shoulder and correct your posture.
4. Stretch the shoulder straps and fix them in place.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two inserts before washing. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
It is better to choose a larger brace. A good reference point, in addition to the waist circumference, is also the hip circumference.
The brace should be washed by hand with a light detergent. You can see the accompanying leaflet for details.
It is not recommended to sleep with a brace, at night the muscles should rest.
The stays can be further bent and shaped according to the patient's physique for greater comfort.
No. The braces we offer use metal stays.
It is not good to overdo it unless you are in the acute phase of the pain or your doctor has instructed you otherwise. It is recommended to wear it during physical activity, for long drives or activities which put pressure on the spine.