Back Brace Extra
• Medium-high level of back support
• 6 metal dorsal stays, 26 cm height
• Double additional tightening
• Breathable, hypoallergenic, elastic material
How to choose a size?
Measure waist circumference.
• Discopathy, spondyloartrosis
• Disc herniation: pre- and postoperative
• Muscle traumas
The Back Brace Extra of “Orthoteh” stabilises the whole lower back area. It is constructed to secure the back side of the waist area and contains six metal stays. They can be moulded according to the contours of the body. Stabilisation of the sides is ensured thanks to the increased elasti compression. The double strips for additional fastening fix the Back Brace Extra tightly and comfortably in place. The product’s fabric doesn’t cause allergies, is well ventilated, and has an antimicrobial coating.
To put on
1. Place the Back Brace Extra onto the waist. Pay attention that the middle strip lies directly along the edge of the spine.
2. Stretch the brace forwards with both hands.
3. Fix the front details against one another with the necessary fastening. If the product is on too tight, loosen it. If you can’t feel an elastic pressure you should probably fix it in a tighter position.
4. Grip and pull the double strips for additional fastening forwards. Fix them in place on the front. Adjust the degree of fastening until you feel the Back Brace Extra attached stably and comfortably to your body. In some cases it is recommended that you put the construction on while lying down.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two inserts before washing. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
It is better to choose a larger brace. A good reference point, in addition to the waist circumference, is also the hip circumference.
The brace should be washed by hand with a light detergent. You can see the accompanying leaflet for details.
It is not recommended to sleep with a brace, at night the muscles should rest.
The stays can be further bent and shaped according to the patient's physique for greater comfort.
No. The braces we offer use metal stays.
It is not good to overdo it unless you are in the acute phase of the pain or your doctor has instructed you otherwise. It is recommended to wear it during physical activity, for long drives or activities which put pressure on the spine.