Multi-centric Knee Brace Fix plus
• Control over the range of motion of the knee joint
• Flexion: 0-120˚, extension: 0-90˚; can be adjusted in 15˚ increments
• Velcro straps for precise tightening
• Comfortable multi-strap construction
The size is determined by your height.
• When control over range of motion is needed
• Injuries of ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL
• Postoperative treatment
The Multi-centric Knee Brace Fix+ of “Orthoteh” provides reliable control over the range of motion of the knee joint. It allows for a range of folding between 0 ° and 120 ° and a range of stretching between 0 ° and 90 °, in 15 ° increments. The mechanism should be adjusted by a medical specialist. It’s made in a belt configuration which makes is better suited for warm weather. The construction is fixed securely in place using Velcro straps and buckles. The breathable material used for this product is lined with 100% cotton.
To put on
1. Place the textile elements above and beneath the knee. They should be strapped tightly to the thigh and the shank. The straps should be attached to the front, so the side surfaces are free for the multi-centric hinges. 2. The hinge mechanisms have to be adapted to the contours of the leg. This is done by a medical specialist and helps avoid the product slipping off. Attach the hinge mechanisms on both sides of the knee. Align their bars with the centrelongitudinal axes of the thigh and shank. The axes of the hinge mechanism should be on the level of the knee joint space.
3. Slip through the buckles, tighten, and fix in place first the Velcro strap directly below the kneecap and then the one directly above it. Cut off the excess length.
4. Slip through the buckles, tighten, and fix in place the other Velcro straps, staring with the one on the shank and then the one on the thigh. Cut off the excess length.
5. The adjustment of the degrees and range of motion should be done by a medical specialist.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Remove the multi-centric hinges from the textile elements. Before washing the textile elements stick the Velcro elements against one another. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
The knee brace is suitable for sports and everyday activities. The sports load must be regulated in accordance with your recovery plan.
Our knees braces do not have magnets.
We offer a special sports series, including a knee brace protecting the front cruciate ligament which bears the biggest load during skiing. If your doctor has allowed such a load, you can ski with our Push Med Knee knee brace.