Knee brace Standard plus
• Elastic stabilization of the collateral ligaments
• Open construction for individual adjustment
• Light, breathable, elastic fabric
• Padded ring which stabilises the patella
• Doesn’t limit the physiological range of motion
How to choose a size?
Measure knee circumference .
• Moderate to severe sprains or chondropathy
• Collateral ligament injuries
• Patellar instability
The Orthoteh Knee brace Standard plus is made of a light and breathable elastic fabric. It stabilises the knee securely. It features an open construction for easier application. This allows the knee brace to be adjusted with precision, according to the individual size of the thigh and shank. An anatomically-shaped open ring wraps around the kneecap. This provides the area with excellent stabilisation and comfort. There are four flat elastic elements, two on each side of the knee joint, providing stable support for the ligaments. The whole construction is held in place and stabilised by two girding elastic bands. Those are located above and below the knee joint. The inside of the knee brace features siliconised elements which help secure its position. The Knee brace Standard plus is suitable for sports and everyday activities.
To put on
1. Place the Knee brace Standard plus onto the knee so that the padded ring is wrapped tightly around the kneecap. Using the Velcro elements tighten the construction and fix it in place, strapping first the element above the kneecap and then the one below it. Make sure that the ring is accurately centred on the kneecap and that it is fastened securely and
2. Tighten the lower girding band and fix it in place.
3. Then repeat for the upper girding band. Adjust the tightness until reaching the desired level of stability.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two inserts before washing. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
The knee brace is suitable for sports and everyday activities. The sports load must be regulated in accordance with your recovery plan.
Our knees braces do not have magnets.
We offer a special sports series, including a knee brace protecting the front cruciate ligament which bears the biggest load during skiing. If your doctor has allowed such a load, you can ski with our Push Med Knee knee brace.