Knee Brace Kids
• Immobilizes the knee joint in extension
• 3 rigid metal stays with an anatomic shape
• Stays can be shaped individually
• Velcro straps for precise tightening
• Breathable material with cotton lining
• Distortion of the knee joint
• After operative treatment
• Hypertonus of the knee flexors
The Knee Brace Kids of “Orthoteh” immobilises the knee joint in fully extended position. It features three anatomically shaped metal stays with maximum rigidity. Their shape should be individually moulded to the contours of your lower limb. This should be done by a medical specialist. This way the Knee Brace Kids is going to be attached more reliably and it won’t move out of place. The Velcro strap is precisely tightened via buckles. The excess length can be cut off. The breathable material is lined with 100% cotton.
To put on
1. The three metal stays must be initially moulded to the contours of the limb. This should be done by a medical specialist and helps avoid the product sliding out of place.
2. Envelop the lower limb so the kneecap is in the centre of the intended opening. Tighten securely and fix the textile fabric in place using the two short and narrow Velcro straps.
3. Slip through the buckles, tighten, and fix in place first the Velcro strap directly below the kneecap and then the one directly above it. Slip through the buckles, tighten, and fix in place the other Velcro straps, staring with the one on the shank and then the one on the thigh. Cut off the excess length.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing remove the metal stays from the textile construction. Stick the Velcro elements against one another. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
The knee brace is suitable for sports and everyday activities. The sports load must be regulated in accordance with your recovery plan.
Our knees braces do not have magnets.
We offer a special sports series, including a knee brace protecting the front cruciate ligament which bears the biggest load during skiing. If your doctor has allowed such a load, you can ski with our Push Med Knee knee brace.