Knee Brace Extra
• Collateral stabilization with two axes of movement
• Open and adjustable construction
• Securing elastic Velcro straps
• Suitable for sports and everyday physical stress
• 3-layered breathable elastic material
• Joint capsule and ligament injuries
• Meniscal injuries
• Medial or lateral instability
• After traumas in the region
The Orthoteh Knee brace Extra is made of a light and breathable elastic fabric. It features a combination of elastic and nonelastic elements which provide a high level of stabilisation of the knee. An anatomically-shaped trapezoidal ring envelops the kneecap. This provides the area with excellent stabilisation and comfort. Two bicentric aluminium hinges are placed on either side of the joint and limit movement to the full physiological range of motion. They are fixed in place by one elastic and three nonelastic straps.
This construction protects both the lateral and the cruciate ligaments from overload. The Knee brace Extra is suitable for sports and everyday activities.
To put on
1. Grab the upper ends of the aluminium elements. Pull the knee brace up towards the thigh. Make sure that the trapezoidal ring wraps tightly around the kneecap.
2. Feed the nonelastic straps through the d-rings. Tighten the straps in the following order: first, tighten the lower front strap.
3. Second, tighten the upper back strap.
4. Finally, tighten the upper front strap. Each strap features cut-outs signalling the correct order of tightening.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two inserts before washing. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
The knee brace is suitable for sports and everyday activities. The sports load must be regulated in accordance with your recovery plan.
Our knees braces do not have magnets.
We offer a special sports series, including a knee brace protecting the front cruciate ligament which bears the biggest load during skiing. If your doctor has allowed such a load, you can ski with our Push Med Knee knee brace.
Knee Brace Fix is placed by a medical professional. Тhe metal plates must be individually shaped to the body avoid the product from slipping off.