Abdominal Hernia Brace
• Secures frontal abdominal wall
• Stable front segment for comfortable pressure distribution
• 2 supporting plastic stays
• Cotton lining and breathable elastic material
How to choose a size?
Measure waist circumference.
• Postoperative treatment as prevention
• In cases of a reponable abdominal herniation
• Postoperative treatment of abdominal herniation
The Abdominal Hernia Brace of “Orthoteh” strengthens the front abdominal wall. It has two non-elastic plates in its front part. These provide moderate pressure thanks to the force of the wide elastic band. Two plastic stays are built into the back side. They protect the construction from folding. The elastic band is made of a breathable hypoallergenic fabric. It doesn’t contain latex and is very durable when used according to the instructions. The front plates have a 100% cotton lining for excellent comfort.
To put on
1. Place the brace at the appropriate height with the supporting stays situated symmetrically around the spine. The latter are skewed and the space between them widens towards the hips
2. Tighten and fix the non-elastic plates to the front. If the product is on too tight, loosen it. If you can’t feel an elastic pressure, you should probably fix it in a tighter position.
Washing and maintenance instructions
Before washing stick the Velcro elements against one another. Remove the two inserts before washing. The product should be washed manually at 30°C. Do not use bleach! Drying gently without twisting the product with force will increase its life span. It’s recommended that the product dries at room temperature without a direct heat source. Do not tumble dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
It is better to choose a larger brace. A good reference point, in addition to the waist circumference, is also the hip circumference.
The brace should be washed by hand with a light detergent. You can see the accompanying leaflet for details.
It is not recommended to sleep with a brace, at night the muscles should rest.
The stays can be further bent and shaped according to the patient's physique for greater comfort.
No. The braces we offer use metal stays.
It is not good to overdo it unless you are in the acute phase of the pain or your doctor has instructed you otherwise. It is recommended to wear it during physical activity, for long drives or activities which put pressure on the spine.