Especially with the current importance of personal hygiene, we have gathered all of the best advice for keeping your splint perfectly clean.
Here is how to do it:
Washing the splint with cool water and a gentle detergent or soap
- Wet the splint under running water or using your hands
- Foam up the soap in your hands and put the foam onto the wet splint
- Rub the splint for around 30-60 seconds (depending on its size) and make sure to cover every part of it
- Wash away the soap and foam
- Dry the splint with a clean dry tower
Wet the splint
Soap up your hands
Rub the splint thoroughly
Wash away the soap
Dry your splint
Tip: Don’t use a hairdryer set to “hot” for drying because this could melt the thermoplastic material. Don’t place the splint into a dryer or on top of a heating device. Protect the splint from temperatures over 60 degrees.
Between cleanings you can wipe the splint as you would your laptop or door handles.
How can I clean my splint thoroughly?
Once per week (or as often as you prefer) you may deep clean your splint in the washing machine.
- Stick the Velcro elements together or remove them if possible.
- Place the splint into a delicate laundry washing bag.
- Wash the splint with your regular laundry (preferably with coloured clothes).
- Use a gentle laundry detergent and wash at 30°C or at the cold setting.
Stick the Velcro elements together or remove them if possible
Place the splint into a delicate laundry washing bag
Wash the splint with your regular laundry
Tip: Don’t place your splint in the dryer or on a heating device for faster drying.